Tri-Link FTZ is conveniently located in the Carson/Long Beach section of Los Angeles County.
What is a U.S. Foreign-Trade Zone?
Foreign-trade zones are secure, access-restricted, US Customs & Border Protection privileged areas in or near a U.S. port of entry, where both foreign and domestic merchandise is admitted to be stored, manipulated, combined, temporarily removed, or even manufactured duty-free.
FTZ’s are used, for example, in the re-labeling of goods arriving from one country before they are exported to another country… with no payment of duties or need for drawback.
Goods can be stored in an FTZ indefinitely, and withdrawn in whole or in part as needed. No duties or excise taxes are paid on goods while they are stored in an FTZ. No Customhouse Broker is required to enter goods into an FTZ. If you are importing goods into the USA or transiting goods through the USA then using a Foreign Trade Zone will most likely be of benefit to you.
Contact us to discuss the possibilities, cost savings, and other benefits available.
Tri-Link is located just 17 minutes from the LA Seaport and LAX airport.
- Store your in-bond goods free of duty or excise taxes
- Export transiting goods free of duty and excise taxes
- Store goods as long as you wish (bonded warehouses allow just one year of storage)
- Duty and excise taxes are paid ONLY when merchandise leaves the FTZ for consumption
- Heightened security requirements provide maximum protection against theft
- Goods entered into an FTZ for labeling, repacking, manipulation, or to be combined with other products (domestic or in-bond), can then be imported and/or exported to other countries
- Items in an FTZ can be mixed with other items, relabeled, and then exported to other countries with no need for a Customhouse Broker or the payment of duty or taxes